DBInspect is a graphical database inspection tool that is still under active
development and available for free use. It provides a nice environment for
writing and executing SQL statements against relational databases,
and working with the results, as well as executing SQL scripts.
This tool is written using Java Swing and JDBC, and is portable
across many platforms and databases. It will run on any platform
that has Java installed, and will connect to any database that
has an available JDBC driver. It has been most tested on Linux and
Windows platforms, connecting to Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
I hope you find this tool as useful in your day to day development
as I have.
- A database chooser allows you to keep track of all your database connections.
- Intelligent SQL syntax highlighting recognizes schemas/catalogs, tables, fields, keywords, and functions in your SQL.
- Intelligent table & field name completion support is available when writing SQL statements.
- Flowing query results appear as they are retrieved.
- Search, sort, filter, and export your query results.
- Support for very large result sets.
- Display related parent & child records of selected record allow you to follow foreign keys of records.
- Edit in place query result cell editing and find & replace support.
- Add similar records and remove selected records.
- Seamless display & editing support for multi-line text values.
- A multi schema/catalog table browser shows column, constraint & grant information
and allows for querying table data.
- A statement history browser keeps track of every SQL statement you've executed,
allowing you to quickly search & re-run old statements.